Sunday, January 6, 2008

Post Christmas Vacation

After looking over the list, I find I've accomplished most so here's an update.

1) Snowboarding. Fun. Very. Almost broke me neck flying off a jump, but, still, was fun. =] (I shall try to post the video when I get it from my friend).

2) Nativity scenes in the Gospel. There are actually only two Nativity Scenes, I read both, but I like Luke better. *shrugs* Strangely though, I seem to have lagged behind, because I was reflecting on the Beauty of Christmas and Immanuel during New Years Eve! And then I reflected on New Years some three days after the fact...I wonder if I'll do the same for my birthday...?

3) Brothers Karamazov. Didn't get anywhere in it. =\ Sorry. On the upside, I went to a bookstore while my family was at Laguna Beach and I bought Jane Eyre and Tuesdays with Morrie. I'm a good 3/4s through Jane Eyre and I finished Tuesdays with Morrie.

4) Tocqueville is a genius. =] I thouroughly enjoyed reading him. Twas very fun. (Actually, I haven't finished yet, so I'd better get to it)

5) Term papers. Are going well. =] Will soon be finished!

6) Godspell is coming up!

7) Listened to much Rachmaninoff. Was (as always) Beautiful. I'm beginning to come to the tentative conclusion that Rachmaninoff was a Composer who sort of composed in bursts of brilliance. Some of his works are almost Divine, while others make you wonder if they were really created by the same person. *shrugs* Any thoughts?

8) Annabelle has languished, but no worries, I shall make it up to her tomorrow with at least 6 hours of playing (So I hope!)

9) Me birthday is coming on the 8th. =]

10) Learning is fun! (Random truth of the day)

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

*Insert Timmy Cratchet's famous line from "A Christmas Carol" here* =]

1 comment:

MK Reynolds said...

ah, good, I'm glad you gave the day of your birthday. I remembered the January bit, but not the day.

Glad you posted again!
Mary Kate