Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Facebook

Open Question:

Should a (me) person who has a known tendency to become slightly addicted (3-5 hrs. a day) to online personal networks such as MySpace join Facebook?

This comes after about 2 years of 'abstinence' haha.

Motivations:
Friends. Summer's here, I don't see them that much. (Although Wheatstone is coming up)

Pros: Well, I'll get to 'connect' with a whole slew of people and at least stay slightly more in touch with them. Friends are good.

Cons: Eats away huge amounts of time. Especially since I have this tendency to become addicted to this stuff. There are better things to do with ones time.

Ahhhh! I don't know! Probably not though.

What do you guys think?

4 comments:

MK Reynolds said...

given you, I would say no, unless you are willing to get someone in your family to help you keep it in check.

On the other hand, it's always good to learn to moderate things, and facebook is very fun. :)

Gabriel said...

Thanks! I'm pretty sure you're right.

Just out of curiosity though, are there any specific defects in me-self that I'm not seeing here that make me especially vulnerable to Facebooking? (Other than those that I mentioned?)

MK Reynolds said...

no! I think you are amazing, facebook is just very addictive. So if you couple that with your current insane schedule, you'd just need to make sure it wouldn't exsaustify you!

Pauline said...

I'd have to agree with MKR about the addicting part! :-( I had a problem with that over the school year...But on the other hand, it is a fun way to connect with chumlets. :)
Best wishes with whatever you choose!