Monday, May 26, 2008

The year I became FAT

Since I won't get to attend the last week of TA because of Economics. Thursday was my last day of Foundations. =[ It's been a lovely/funny/weird/growing pains/happy/beautiful/absolutely amazing year. The books had a reputation of being dry, but come on, who doesn't love Tocqueville? =] I'm horrible with actually expressing myself through words so I shall spare everyone and keep myself to a few words. I present to you: 10 Things I learned this Year.

1. My friends are absolutely, positively, incredibly, undeniably, quite simply, some of the most wonderful people I've ever met.

2. Humility truly is "endless". (I make no claims as to my attainment of this virtue, only a claim to strive for such a goal)

3. The teenager can deprieve himself of many, many, many hours of sleep...and still function. Haha (Don't push this one).

4. God, Family, Friends, Ideas, Books, Music. I want to be near all of these for the rest of my life. (As to how they're all going to fit in, I'm pretty sure that if I keep things in proper relation to each other, it'll turn out fine.)

5. The struggle against self will be a life-long battle. However, by the Grace of God...etc.

6. Thank God I get to go to Torrey Honors. =] =] =] =] =] =] =] (Yes, that really does need 7 smiles and many, many more)

7. All good things will become corrupted and evil when set up as an idol.

8. I am (mostly) a prideful, arrogant, obnoxious, stupid and sinful creature. (Have I covered them all?)

9. God likes to rehabilitate such people. In fact, He loves them, hard to believe as it is. How incredibly powerful is the Love which sacrifices all for the beloved. How wonderful, how beautiful.

10. Faith is going to be an awesome, awesome year. =]

There you are. 10 things I learned this year. They're certainly (I hope!) not everything I learned, but they are what come to mind at the moment. =]

Goodnight, goodyear.

1 comment:

Pauline said...

Thanks for sharing, Gabriel. :) I can relate with you on those points...particularly number 3. :-P Hurrah for number 9!