Saturday, September 26, 2009

A Few Weeks In

So, a general what-I-have-learned-in-the-first-few-weeks-of-College:

1) I am a very very selfish and prideful person.

2) Sleep is ooooh so good.

3) College isn't as easy as I thought it'd be.

4) Gabriel + Romantic Fuzzy movies (Whisper of the Heart, Emma) = Varied and Interesting Reactions...

5) Friendship is like the lowest note of a Steinway Grand, it's like a bedrock for your soul that sounds the depths of your being. You can't help but want to be a better person and wishing in some way to be worthy of that friendship. (And you also can't help but cringe at a lousy simile.) ;) It's as if God shows Himself to us through the kindness of our friends and for a moment, we glimpse Heaven.

6) I'm rather horrible with remembering people's names...

7) Chemistry and Calculus don't like me...at all. sigh. >__<

8) Family is a gift that should never be taken for granted.

9) I don't want to be a monk... =P

10) I have a long, long, long way to go in becoming a good man.

3 comments:

Christian said...

Point nine amuses me :) :)

Elizabeth said...

1) Torrey in particular has a tendancy to bring out that realization in you...it's a lesson which I am having to learn as well, and will be praying for you in daily.
5) "and for a moment, we glimpse heaven" oh yes oh yes Gabriel, you have hit on it exactly :)
9) hahahahaha :) convinced so soon? that ration works wonders, doesn't it? :p

MK Reynolds said...

:)

It's good to hear an update! God bless you as you continue growing! :)