Sunday, May 3, 2009

Singleness isn't a Bad thing...

I'm still pretty young as human beings go.

But I'm already beginning to feel the pressure to get on the path to getting married.

Now dating isn't a bad thing! (Friends who know me can attest to the fact that I'm a hopeless romantic!)

But perhaps there's a problem when even my dad sits me down for this kind of a lecture.

"Son, I'm a bit worried about you, when I was your age, your mom was already hopelessly in love with me."

=P

It's such a relief I guess to realize that I don't have to be married to another person in order to become a whole person.

Not that I wouldn't want to get married at some point in the future ;)

Realization was prompted by this podcast.

5 comments:

Tim said...

well, if you want to follow in the footsteps of your dad, may i suggest more crunches?

Blarney said...

I find this post really funny for a few reasons:

One, Gabriel is not even in college yet.

Two, the said college to which Gabriel will be going is infamously nicknamed the Bridal Institute of LA.

Three, WHAT THE HECK it's GABRIEL we're talking about!! ;)

Crunches, pah. Don't throw in the celibate towel yet, friend.

sarah marie said...

This post made me laugh! Don't worry, Gabriel... I had many good male friends and a few mutual interests over the years, but I never officially dated until my fourth year of college. I'm happily married now, and none the worse for the wear. :)

Christian said...

:)
Dear Choo,
You shall be great fun when GYRADS roll around.

Pauline said...

I second Blarney's post....

:-P
For now, have fun courting your two papers and the couple hundred pages of Spenser left (or Calvin..or both).