Monday, September 8, 2008

"A Symphony of Crisps"

So I was strolling through Vons and all of a sudden the PA comes on:

"Hello Customers, thank you for shopping at Vons! To show our appreciation, the first three customers to come to the bakery will be given a free loaf of French Bread."

And seeing as I was already at the bakery, I got a free loaf. =]

Mmmmmmhmmmmm it was freshly baked and still warm, it was gloriously empty of all nutrition and I was hungry. =]

I guess some things in life are free. =]

Now if only this happened more frequently....

5 comments:

MK Reynolds said...

:D

This story is awesome ful.

blarney said...

"Mmmmmmhmmmmm it was freshly baked and still warm, it was gloriously empty of all nutrition and I was hungry"

:D There are like five million wonderful things about this sentence, not to mention the whole story!

GTB: Goodness, Truth, and Bread!

Pauline said...

Mmm. Hurrah for bread! :)
as for being "gloriously empty of all nutrition", at least it was full of much deliciousness! Everything in moderation, right?

Elizabeth said...

How delicious! Why does this never happen to me when I shop at Vons? But then again, perhaps it is for the best, as I would too frequently consume the delicious things that are "gloriously empty of all nutrition" if I received free food whenever I grocery shopped. :)

Miss Lemon said...

Mhmmmm..... warm bread.... just thinking about it makes me hungry... and I just had lunch :)