Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Back from China

Hi! I love my room. I love Annabelle (the piano). I love Maple (my dog). I love my books. I love being home again. =]

Some quick points which are certainly not summaries. More like random thoughts.

1) In China, the great monuments and artifacts are treated more as a means of making money rather than invaluable pieces of history. This is partly because China emerged from the worst famine in history about 40 years ago which was caused by a communist government. I've seen more care given to an old 200 year old cottage in America than to the thousand some year palace... erg.

2) I watched Moulin Rouge for the third time on the plane. I was sobbing almost uncontrollably. That's new...I almost always cry more easily on the plane. My sister says it's the higher air pressure squeasing the tears out. =]

3) My 70+ year old grandmother is more fit that I am. (I got a lovely cramp climbing the Great Wall. She didn't.) Yeah...just slightly embarassing...

4) I am horribly out of practice at the piano. =[

5) Beijing is horribly polluted. The sun is a barely visible speck in the sky even at 1:00 in the afternoon. (Pictures at Out of the Blue on the right).

6) It's wonderful to be home. =]

7) I liked my trip, I learned alot, was spoiled, am trying to retain some things, and trying to unlearn others.

Well, more later. =]

No comments: