Wednesday, August 26, 2009

In the Midst of Starting College...

I should be reading the Iliad, but I wanted to write down some thoughts that have been running through my head.

1) The next four years are going to go by faster than I want them to. God must redeem the time, for I cannot.

2) Please pray for the Snyder family, they just lost a daughter and Mr. Snyder is in critical condition...

3) The essence of a Godly man is someone who does not shy away from duty but rather embraces it and rejoices in it - not the frivolous semblance of false grin-and-bear-it types, but a deep and abiding faith in God in Whom we live, move, and have our being.

4) The intellectual, physical, moral, spiritual, psychological, and monetary gifts that have been bestowed upon me and will be given me by God through teachers, mentors, peers, and friends are not mine for the hoarding, rather, the Goodness, Truth, and Beauty that I possess and will possess are given to me so that I can bless others with them. To him who has, more shall be given. The greatest of you shall be the servant of all. It is Humility and Service that define the great in Christ's Kingdom.

5) My worst fear is to have squandered all my gifts and to look back upon my life and say, "If only I had done more for Christ!". I want to be remembered in death as a man who loved Jesus - whatever I am called to do, I want to here my Master say, "Well done thou good and faithful servant, enter into thy Master's rest"

College is...

I'll tell you when I finish. =]

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Snyder as in JuNeuhae Synder from TA? Oh dear that is horrible, and I will be praying :(

Gabriel said...

No, not that Snyder.

Elizabeth said...

So your sister informed me. That is a relief, but still I'm terribly sorry and they will be in my prayers.
It was so wonderful to see you last night! We shall plan multitudes of get togethers around your very busy college life :) God will bless you in this, Gabriel :)

Ariel said...

I can say from past experience that you have definitely blessed others with all your gifts. May God's blessings and mercies be poured out upon you, friend. And good luck and godspeed with those college years. :)