Monday, June 8, 2009

Summer Slothfulness

I think it just kicked in today. =P

I've managed to read my heart out about the Star Wars expanded universe on Wookiepedia...

Did the laundry...

I've watched all of...what did I watch again?.....Oh yes!...Pink Panther 2. Silly movie. Don't watch it unless you are willing to laugh away an hour and a half of your life.

I've also written a whole bunch of thank you emails. Unfortunately, they get repetitive after awhile.

I need to get off this couch. I need to go exercise. I need to go do something worthwhile. I need to remember that each moment counts...

I need to remember that I am living for something.

"You were bought with a price"

Not to say that enjoying oneself is bad...but it's not the Best either.

Note to self: Get off the couch you lazy bum! Stop feeling sorry for yourself and go do something! Go watch the Ants the wiseman says.

I think he may be right. =]

Let us dear friends, live this summer well.

3 comments:

MK Reynolds said...

what you said is true, but you shouldn't feel guilty about playing either! Playing is good, as is work, and you did work very hard all school year!

Tim said...

play hard enough and it will feel like work

Gabriel said...

Haha, yes, you're right, I should (no one should) ever feel guilty about playing in it's own right. However, what I've been doing does not constitute playing. It isn't even something that I particularly enjoy. Playing should be a natural and necessary foil to the other parts of one's life, a sort of trough where rest and recuperation and fun and all the other good things are found...

But perhaps you're right...I may be taking playing too seriously. But I can't help but think that there is a distinction between playing, working, and slothing (to coin a term). Playing has a practical purposeful end, shall we say, an act which produces a sense of satisfaction, restfulness, a certain type of ready energy, etc. Slothing...it's just something we do instead of playing...where afterward, you feel guilty for having used your time unwisely.

AGGGGGHHH.

I am stressing out about playing aren't I? =P

silly me. ;)