Sunday, July 27, 2008

A Study in Acute Impracticality

So my Mom and I have this argument. She says all these books are making me impractical. I didn't agree until this happened:

Me: Hi mom!
Mom: Hi son!
Me: I need to mail a letter. Where does the stamp go?
Mom: Gives me the you-had-better-hope-that-you-didn't-just-say-what
-I-thought-you-just-said-because-if-you-did-say-what-I-hope-you-didn't-just
-say-then-you'll-be-sorry-you-ever-said-it look.
Me: Uh....does it go here? *sheepish/sheepish/sheepish* *finger hovers over the left side of letter*
Mom: *Flames shooting out of her eyes and steam coming out of nostrils* [in a very elegant sort of way, of course]
Me: Here!....No, Here.....wait, wait, wait Here! AhhhhhHhhh!! *Runs away*

A bit dramatized but it's official. I am an impractical little boy. =P

4 comments:

Pauline said...

Hehe. Why does the stamp always go in the upper right hand corner, anyways?
Stamps are very odd things..

Joycelyn Choo said...

Wow don't worry we all have our problems.

MK Reynolds said...

hah! That's fairly glorious. Maybe you should do the laundry or something as recompense. ;)

Blarney said...

Hah! At least you know the difference between left and right! It takes me about five minutes to decide...:) Acute Impracticality indeed! I'll bet Hobbes never learned the art of laundry...