Saturday, November 17, 2007

Thanksgiving

A few months ago I read Ephesians 14 times (on the advice of Dr. Sanders in his post about synthetic readings of the Bible) and this evening I spent 2 hours reading it once with much prayer for wisdom and understanding. Praise God! He truly works! He cares about us! Even on the 15th reading, there is soooooo much more that I learned! I think Sayers says something about this, like the student will come to the wonderful realization that truism is true! To my shame I admit that I have not read my Bible at all for the past 3 months. (Really, truly read I mean, token scanning but never concentrated, focused, etc.) But in those 2 hours i feel like I've gained a world of Joy. I am very thankful. Thank you God. =]

4 comments:

Pauline said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pauline said...

Whoops! I didn't mean to delete it. Heh. Well, thank you Gabriel for sharing this with us! Your posts are always very inspiring and insightful. Hehe, new perspectives. We should have a gathering and read some Chesterton!

Gabriel said...

Yes! Chesterton is wonderful!

Blarney said...

I'm so glad you posted this! I was very much inspired to read my Bible (all of Ecclesiastes) yesterday, as I have also not read in a long time. Thank you for sharing!